Sources from Chennai added that the state government, which is to hold MGR birth centenary function in Chennai on September 30, has included names of DMK president and leader of Opposition M. K Stalin and AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran in the invitation. Presently the government is holding such functions in all the districts and Chennai will be the last district to have the function, which is to be held at YMCA at Nandhanam in the city.
Meanwhile Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami and his deputy O. Panneerselvam and other ministers will participate in the function, names of Stalin, TTV Dhinakaran and DMK MP Kanimozhi have been included in the invitation. Furthermore at a time when ruling AIADMK and opposition parties like DMK and AMMK leader Dhinakaran keep trading charges against each other on a host of issues ranging from corruption to administration, such names in the invitation has sparked speculation in the political circle that whether or not such leaders will take part in the function.
Moreover TKS Elangovan, spokesperson of DMK, said,
“When there is a government function in any areas, the elected representatives,
irrespective of parties, should be invited under the respective jurisdiction.
In that sense, the invitation has our leaders' names.” Moreover when such a function
was last held at Kanyakumari district, the government had given invitation to
DMK and Congress MLAs, as Kanyakumari district had no AIADMK MLA.
Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati? One of the major allegations made by YSRCP before 2019 election on TDP is Insider Trading in Amravati Capital Region. YSRCP leaders have committed on same even after they came into power in 2019 elections.
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370