Chennai sources reported that the CBI on Tuesday arrested Sivakumar, a health inspector with the TN Food Safety department in connection with the multi-crore Gutkha scam and moreover he is the sixth person to be apprehended by the CBI in connection with the case. Furthermore according to reports, Sivakumar had approached the Supreme Court challenging the transfer of the probe to the CBI.
Reports added the case was transferred to the CBI by the Madras High Court in May and the agency registered an FIR the same month. Sivakumar has been remanded to judicial custody till October 4. Further the CBI had, on September 6, arrested five people in connection with the scam. Promoters of Jayam Industries AV Madhavrao, Uma Shankar Gupta and Srinivas Rao, Dr Senthil Murugan of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and NK Pandian, Superintendent in the Central Excise Department were arrested a day after the CBI conducted raids in around 35 locations across the country.
Moreover the scam came out in the open
following Income Tax raids conducted on July 8, 2017, at the godown, offices
and residences of a pan masala and gutkha manufacturer in Tamilnadu, for tax
evasion to the tune of Rs 250 crore. At last the Tiruvallur police have
activated a separate mobile number to alert them on the illegal sale of gutkha
and other banned tobacco-based substances and the complaints can be registered
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal