According to sources days after waging a revolt against Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) party leadership for denying the party ticket for her, sitting MLA (former) from Warangal East, Konda Surekha yesterday quit the party and had joined the Congress after meeting party President Rahul Gandhi. Meanwhile Surekha, MLC Konda Muralidhar Rao and former Adilabad MP Rathod Ramesh, who had recently quit the TRS to join the Congress, met Rahul Gandhi, along with Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) Chief Uttam Kumar Reddy and former TPCC Chief Ponnala Lakshmaiah yesterday.
Meanwhile in a last resort to reach out to caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR) and caretaker IT minister K Taraka Rama Rao (KTR), she had asked for an explanation from the TRS leadership on the reason for being denied the ticket while speaking at a press conference in Hyderabad yesterday.
Moreover she warned "KTR said that he would retire
from politics if TRS loses in the upcoming elections and he should be
ready for that because the TRS would not return to power in Telangana”.
Furthermore when late YS Rajasekhara Reddy served as the Chief Minister,
Surekha worked as the Women and Child Welfare Minister. In 2011, she joined the
YSR Congress party in support of the party Chief YE Jaganmohan Reddy.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites