The Supreme Court has pronounced its verdict on the case against illegitimate affairs that any relationship involving men and women outside their marital relationship is not illegal as long as it does not lead to suicides. In the case against section 497, the Supreme Court had pronounced a sensational verdict. It has said that a girl's husband is not her owner.
This verdict was announced by a bench including the chief justice of India Dipak Mishra, Nariman, Kanvilkar, Chandrachud, and Indhu Malhotra. Recently the Indian judiciary had given a sensational verdict against section 377 quashing it and endorsing the rights of LGBT Community.
Now, another controversial act
section 497 has been quashed as well. and earlier according to that
section, people who had relationships outside their marriage were given legal
punishments with the men being punished and not women, and this will lead to
charges of forced relationship, with 5 years of imprisonment as the
punishment. However, now the court has announced that it is not a crime.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day