The Supreme Court has pronounced its verdict on the case against illegitimate affairs that any relationship involving men and women outside their marital relationship is not illegal as long as it does not lead to suicides. In the case against section 497, the Supreme Court had pronounced a sensational verdict. It has said that a girl's husband is not her owner.
This verdict was announced by a bench including the chief justice of India Dipak Mishra, Nariman, Kanvilkar, Chandrachud, and Indhu Malhotra. Recently the Indian judiciary had given a sensational verdict against section 377 quashing it and endorsing the rights of LGBT Community.
Now, another controversial act
section 497 has been quashed as well. and earlier according to that
section, people who had relationships outside their marriage were given legal
punishments with the men being punished and not women, and this will lead to
charges of forced relationship, with 5 years of imprisonment as the
punishment. However, now the court has announced that it is not a crime.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach