The Supreme Court has pronounced its verdict on the case against illegitimate affairs that any relationship involving men and women outside their marital relationship is not illegal as long as it does not lead to suicides. In the case against section 497, the Supreme Court had pronounced a sensational verdict. It has said that a girl's husband is not her owner.
This verdict was announced by a bench including the chief justice of India Dipak Mishra, Nariman, Kanvilkar, Chandrachud, and Indhu Malhotra. Recently the Indian judiciary had given a sensational verdict against section 377 quashing it and endorsing the rights of LGBT Community.
Now, another controversial act
section 497 has been quashed as well. and earlier according to that
section, people who had relationships outside their marriage were given legal
punishments with the men being punished and not women, and this will lead to
charges of forced relationship, with 5 years of imprisonment as the
punishment. However, now the court has announced that it is not a crime.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a three day visit to Gujarat during which he had inaugurated the ninth edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit. Meanwhile the summit is being held in Gandhinagar from January 18 to 20. Reportedly PM Modi will take part in other programs during his January 17-19 visit which will also cover Silvassa
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls