According to sources in order to prevent children and school students getting easy access to tobacco, the Karnataka government is mulling a new special license, which will regulate the sale of cigarette and other forms of tobacco among shop owners. Meanwhile this special license will be issued to shops by respective urban local bodies, which will, in turn, help curb the easy availability of such products near educational institutions.
Furthermore UT Khader, Karnataka Minister for Urban Development and Housing and former Health Minister, told TNM, “At a recent quarterly meeting, we learnt that the tobacco products, especially cigarettes and beedis, are being sold in small shops and retail stores near schools. Moreover in addition to a normal trade license, shop owners should get a special license to sell tobacco and if this happens, we can not only curb the sale of tobacco, but also the sale of substances like ganja near educational institutions.”
Furthermore the minister said that currently, it is
not practical for the police to take action and book cases under Cigarettes and
Other Tobacco Products Act (COTPA). Moreover during his tenure as the Health
Minister, he had prohibited the sale of loose cigarettes and also expressed his
apprehension about other additives being mixed with tobacco. Hence,
implementation of the same has been lax after the first few weeks of the
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority