According to sources in order to prevent children and school students getting easy access to tobacco, the Karnataka government is mulling a new special license, which will regulate the sale of cigarette and other forms of tobacco among shop owners. Meanwhile this special license will be issued to shops by respective urban local bodies, which will, in turn, help curb the easy availability of such products near educational institutions.
Furthermore UT Khader, Karnataka Minister for Urban Development and Housing and former Health Minister, told TNM, “At a recent quarterly meeting, we learnt that the tobacco products, especially cigarettes and beedis, are being sold in small shops and retail stores near schools. Moreover in addition to a normal trade license, shop owners should get a special license to sell tobacco and if this happens, we can not only curb the sale of tobacco, but also the sale of substances like ganja near educational institutions.”
Furthermore the minister said that currently, it is
not practical for the police to take action and book cases under Cigarettes and
Other Tobacco Products Act (COTPA). Moreover during his tenure as the Health
Minister, he had prohibited the sale of loose cigarettes and also expressed his
apprehension about other additives being mixed with tobacco. Hence,
implementation of the same has been lax after the first few weeks of the
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal