New York sources reported that according to a senior State Department official US President Donald Trump "looks forward" to visiting India but the timing will depend on his other commitments. Alice Wells, the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asia, told IANS in an interview that "He is certain that President Trump looks forward to being able to visit India at an appropriate time".
Earlier Prime Minister Narendra Modi has invited Trump to be the chief guest at the Republic Day celebrations next year. Meanwhile, when asked if Trump would come to the celebrations or would schedule his visit for another time, Wells said that the White House will decide to take into account "both the domestic commitments he has here in the US as well as overseas". Moreover, Wells pointed to the steady stream of US officials who visit India as a symbol of the close ties between the two countries at the official level.
Reports added that Modi first met Trump in Washington in 2017, and also at other multilateral meetings. A military parade is the center of the Republic Day Celebrations and Trump has been a fan of such parades and wants the US to have one, too. Further, at Trump's suggestion a parade was scheduled for November on Veterans Day, which
honours former servicemen, and this year it would coincide with the centenary of the conclusion of the First World War. Moreover, after having never having held such a parade, the Defence Department postponed it to possibly next year.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach