New York sources reported that according to a senior State Department official US President Donald Trump "looks forward" to visiting India but the timing will depend on his other commitments. Alice Wells, the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asia, told IANS in an interview that "He is certain that President Trump looks forward to being able to visit India at an appropriate time".
Earlier Prime Minister Narendra Modi has invited Trump to be the chief guest at the Republic Day celebrations next year. Meanwhile, when asked if Trump would come to the celebrations or would schedule his visit for another time, Wells said that the White House will decide to take into account "both the domestic commitments he has here in the US as well as overseas". Moreover, Wells pointed to the steady stream of US officials who visit India as a symbol of the close ties between the two countries at the official level.
Reports added that Modi first met Trump in Washington in 2017, and also at other multilateral meetings. A military parade is the center of the Republic Day Celebrations and Trump has been a fan of such parades and wants the US to have one, too. Further, at Trump's suggestion a parade was scheduled for November on Veterans Day, which
honours former servicemen, and this year it would coincide with the centenary of the conclusion of the First World War. Moreover, after having never having held such a parade, the Defence Department postponed it to possibly next year.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?