Sources from Chennai added that the XIII metropolitan magistrate court, Egmore, remanded MLA S. Karunas to judicial custody up to October 4 in connection with a case registered against him for staging a protest in Chennai in April this year demanding the Centre to set up Cauvery water management board. Meanwhile, the Triplicane police slapped the case soon after the XIV metropolitan magistrate, Roslyn Durai dismissed custody petition filed by Nungambakkam police on Wednesday.
Furthermore, amidst tight security, he was escorted from Vellore prison and produced before the XIII metropolitan magistrate S. Gopinathan on Thursday. Meanwhile, the judge remanded him up to October 4 and also the judge refused to remand him under attempt to murder section. Meanwhile, when speaking to reporters, Raja, counsel for Karunas, said the police have filed two more cases against Karunas in connection to the protests during the IPL match earlier this year in Chepauk. Moreover one of the cases holds an attempt to murder charge, involving an attack on a policeman. Accordingly, it is an old case in which nobody was named but now they have introduced Karunas’ name in it.
Reports added the advocate said the government counsel filed for police custody of three days in the Principal Session court.
Moreover the Thiruvadanai MLA was arrested by Nungambakkam police under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Madras City Police Act, for making uncomplimentary remarks against CM and police, which had gone viral on social media.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations