Chennai sources added that the Madras High Court on Sunday directed removal of all unauthorized banners erected across the city in connection with the valedictory function of the centenary celebrations of ruling AIADMK founder and late chief minister M G Ramachandran hours ahead of the event. Meanwhile, a special bench of Justice S Manikumar and Justice Subramonium Prasad also directed officials to ensure penal action against those who put up the banners in violation of rules.
As per the report, the bench passed the interim order on a public interest litigation by social activist "Traffic" K R Ramasamy, who sought stringent action against all those who erected unauthorized banners and flex boards across the city in view of the grand centenary celebrations being organized by the government Sunday evening. Furthermore, the petition was taken up for hearing on an urgent basis in the morning as instructed by Chief Justice V K Tahilramani.
Meanwhile, the petitioner alleged over 1,500 unauthorized banners had been erected across the city and that the authorities have turned a blind eye when the issue was brought to their knowledge. Reports stated that the statute does provide for punishment with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years or fine up to Rs 10,000 or both. Moreover, the bench directed the city corporation commissioner and his subordinates officers to follow the statutory provisions scrupulously and posted the petition to October 10 for reporting compliance.
Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster! Chennai based Gukesh has become youngest grand master of India by winning the ongoing 17th International open chess tournament in Delhi. After this win, Gukesh broke the previous record held by his own friend R Pragnanandha, which was recorded in June 2018.When he became the grand master, Pragnanandha was 12 years and 10 months old and now Gukesh has reached the feat in 12 years, 7 months and 17 days.
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump