Chennai sources added that the Madras High Court on Sunday directed removal of all unauthorized banners erected across the city in connection with the valedictory function of the centenary celebrations of ruling AIADMK founder and late chief minister M G Ramachandran hours ahead of the event. Meanwhile, a special bench of Justice S Manikumar and Justice Subramonium Prasad also directed officials to ensure penal action against those who put up the banners in violation of rules.
As per the report, the bench passed the interim order on a public interest litigation by social activist "Traffic" K R Ramasamy, who sought stringent action against all those who erected unauthorized banners and flex boards across the city in view of the grand centenary celebrations being organized by the government Sunday evening. Furthermore, the petition was taken up for hearing on an urgent basis in the morning as instructed by Chief Justice V K Tahilramani.
Meanwhile, the petitioner alleged over 1,500 unauthorized banners had been erected across the city and that the authorities have turned a blind eye when the issue was brought to their knowledge. Reports stated that the statute does provide for punishment with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years or fine up to Rs 10,000 or both. Moreover, the bench directed the city corporation commissioner and his subordinates officers to follow the statutory provisions scrupulously and posted the petition to October 10 for reporting compliance.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach