Mumbai sources reported that the price of petrol crossed the crucial Rs 91 mark in Mumbai on Monday after a 24 paise hike, Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) stated. A liter of petrol was being sold at Rs 91.08 in the financial capital of the country. Mean the IOC website said in Delhi a liter of petrol costs Rs 83.49, while the fuel was purchased at Rs 86.80 per liter in Chennai. Accordingly, in Kolkata, the fuel was sold at Rs 85.30 per liter.
Reports added diesel prices also rose on Monday. Presently diesel is now being sold at Rs 79.72 per litre in Mumbai, Rs 75.09 per litre in Delhi, Rs 76.94 per liter in Kolkata and Rs 79.40 per liter in Chennai. Further, the petrol prices have gone up about 8 percent while diesel prices have gone up by 10 percent since August 1, 2018.
Moreover, Brent crude oil prices hit their highest level since November 2014 on Monday ahead of US sanctions against Iran that kick in next month. Moreover, Brent crude oil futures were trading at $83.24 per barrel at 0228 GMT, up 51%, or 0.3%, their highest level since November 2014. Further, a combination of a dip in the value of rupee against the dollar and the rise in crude oil prices has led to a spike in fuel prices since mid-August.
Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers Washington sources reported that Twitter has told California Senator and Democrat presidential candidate Kamala Harris that it will not suspend US President Donald Trump's account. Meanwhile in a letter sent to the Harris presidential campaign, Twitter refused to entertain Harris' request who asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers and the whistleblower behind a complaint on his shady dealings with Ukraine. Harris told "Twitter is not holding Donald Trump accountable for
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya