Chennai sources stated that the DMK party has approached the Madras high court to direct the police to grant permission for its proposed public meetings across the state against the ruling AIADMK government. Meanwhile, Justice R. Mahadevan before whom the petition filed by R.S. Bharathi, the organizing secretary of DMK came up for hearing, adjourned it to October 3, after advocate general Vijay Narayan sought time to get instructions.
Furthermore, in his petition, Bharathi submitted that the DMK, which was the main opposition party with 88 MLAs in the Tamilnadu legislative assembly, has taken a decision to organize meetings throughout the state on October 3 and 4 under the banner ‘Commission-Collection-Corruption against the present AIADMK government’. Moreover, as per the decision of the party, all the respective district and town secretaries have given representations to the competent police officials requesting them to grant permission to conduct the public meetings in the notified places and to give adequate police protection. But all the applications were rejected.
Meanwhile, when the petition came up for hearing on Monday, senior counsel P. Wilson, appearing for DMK submitted that same rejection orders were passed by all the competent police officer throughout the state where the applications were made. Further, the DGP has passed a universal order, Wilson added and sought a direction to the DGP to pass orders on all the applications. Hence when declining to entertain a plea from Wilson to ask AG to get instructions today itself, the judge posted to October 3, further hearing of the case.
Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project Chennai sources stated that the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has signed an agreement with the Government of India to provide Official Development Assistance (ODA) Loan of 40,074 million Japanese Yen (approximately INR 2,470 Crore) for Chennai Peripheral Ring Road Project (Phase 1). Meanwhile the Chennai Peripheral Ring Road is placed as one of the priority projects
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019