Sources from Mississippi stated that President Donald Trump made an undiplomatic remark about close ally Saudi Arabia, saying he warned Saudi Arabia's King Salman he would not last in power "for two weeks" without the backing of the U.S. military. Trump said to cheers at a rally in Southaven, Mississippi "We protect Saudi Arabia. Would you say they are rich and he loves the King, King Salman. But Trump said 'King we are protecting you and you might not be there for two weeks without us, you have to pay for your military”.
Furthermore as per report Trump did not say when he made those remarks to the Saudi monarch. Meanwhile despite the harsh words, the Trump administration has had a close relationship with Saudi Arabia, which it views as a bulwark against Iran's ambitions in the region. Hence Trump made Saudi Arabia his first stop on his maiden international trip as president last year.
Moreover Trump called King Salman and they
discussed efforts being made to maintain supplies to ensure oil market
stability and global economic growth, according to Saudi state news agency SPA.
Saudi Arabia is the world's top oil exporter and the de facto leader of OPEC,
which has been criticized by Trump for high oil prices. Further when speaking
at the United Nations General Assembly in New York last month, Trump said OPEC
members were "as usual ripping off the rest of the world."
Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28! The Patiala high court, Delhi has announced that the verdict on Lalu Prasad Yadav's bail plea in the IRCTC scam case will be pronounced on January 28. The former chief minister of Bihar and Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Lalu Prasad Yadav had been the union railway minister earlier. He was then accused of being involved in a scam.
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!