Sources from Mississippi stated that President Donald Trump made an undiplomatic remark about close ally Saudi Arabia, saying he warned Saudi Arabia's King Salman he would not last in power "for two weeks" without the backing of the U.S. military. Trump said to cheers at a rally in Southaven, Mississippi "We protect Saudi Arabia. Would you say they are rich and he loves the King, King Salman. But Trump said 'King we are protecting you and you might not be there for two weeks without us, you have to pay for your military”.
Furthermore as per report Trump did not say when he made those remarks to the Saudi monarch. Meanwhile despite the harsh words, the Trump administration has had a close relationship with Saudi Arabia, which it views as a bulwark against Iran's ambitions in the region. Hence Trump made Saudi Arabia his first stop on his maiden international trip as president last year.
Moreover Trump called King Salman and they
discussed efforts being made to maintain supplies to ensure oil market
stability and global economic growth, according to Saudi state news agency SPA.
Saudi Arabia is the world's top oil exporter and the de facto leader of OPEC,
which has been criticized by Trump for high oil prices. Further when speaking
at the United Nations General Assembly in New York last month, Trump said OPEC
members were "as usual ripping off the rest of the world."
Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati? One of the major allegations made by YSRCP before 2019 election on TDP is Insider Trading in Amravati Capital Region. YSRCP leaders have committed on same even after they came into power in 2019 elections.
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370