Chennai sources stated that the war between actor cum politician Karunas and the AIADMK Government intensified with the former seeking the removal of Assembly Speaker P Dhanapal and the state police swooping on his residence here to make a pre-dawn arrest on Wednesday. As per report while Karunas got himself admitted in the ICU of a private hospital claiming chest pain, the government told the High Court Bench at Madurai there was no plan to arrest him.
Meanwhile in his two page letter sent to the Assembly secretary K Srinivasan, Mukkalathor Puli Padai leader Karunas, who was elected from Tiruvadanai constituency under the AIADMK’s ‘two leaves’ symbol in the 2016 polls, said he intended to move a resolution in the House seeking to remove the Speaker by invoking Rule 68 of the TN Legislative Assembly Rules under Art 179 (C) of the Constitution by giving 14-day notice period.
Furthermore as per report it was stated that Karunas in his letter also
accused Speaker Dhanapal of acting in a biased manner. Moreover the letter was
delivered by his lawyers and a copy of the letter was sent to the Speaker.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam