Chennai sources stated that the war between actor cum politician Karunas and the AIADMK Government intensified with the former seeking the removal of Assembly Speaker P Dhanapal and the state police swooping on his residence here to make a pre-dawn arrest on Wednesday. As per report while Karunas got himself admitted in the ICU of a private hospital claiming chest pain, the government told the High Court Bench at Madurai there was no plan to arrest him.
Meanwhile in his two page letter sent to the Assembly secretary K Srinivasan, Mukkalathor Puli Padai leader Karunas, who was elected from Tiruvadanai constituency under the AIADMK’s ‘two leaves’ symbol in the 2016 polls, said he intended to move a resolution in the House seeking to remove the Speaker by invoking Rule 68 of the TN Legislative Assembly Rules under Art 179 (C) of the Constitution by giving 14-day notice period.
Furthermore as per report it was stated that Karunas in his letter also
accused Speaker Dhanapal of acting in a biased manner. Moreover the letter was
delivered by his lawyers and a copy of the letter was sent to the Speaker.
Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11 London sources reported that fugitive diamond trader Nirav Modi, who is fighting extradition to India on charges over the nearly USD 2 billion Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud and money laundering case, on Thursday was remanded to prison until November 11 after he appeared via video link from his London jail for a regular remand hearing.
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing