As per report five days after the Supreme Court ruled that women will be allowed to enter the Sabarimala temple, the RSS made its stance on the issue clear. Meanwhile the RSS called the Kerala government's move to not file a review petition on the Supreme Court order allowing women of all ages to enter the Sabarimala temple as "unfortunate" and called upon all the stakeholders to come together to address the issue.
RSS General Secretary Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi said in a statement "In the case of Sabarimala Devasthanam, it is an issue of a local temple tradition and faith, to which sentiments of millions of devotees, including women, are attached as these sentiments of the devotees cannot be ignored while considering the judgment". He added "The Kerala government has taken steps to implement the judgment with immediate effect without taking the sentiments of the devotees into consideration".
He said after the Supreme Court ruling, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi
Vijayan had said that the state government will not file a review petition on
the Supreme Court order allowing women of all ages to enter the Sabarimala
temple, “Being a law-abiding state, we have to go by the SC verdict and take
the steps necessary to implement the same".
Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati? One of the major allegations made by YSRCP before 2019 election on TDP is Insider Trading in Amravati Capital Region. YSRCP leaders have committed on same even after they came into power in 2019 elections.
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370