With actor turned politician Karunas applying for anticipatory bail, it will be known today if the actor will get bail or not. The Nungambakkam police had earlier arrested him on charges of making derogatory remarks on the Tamilnadu police and the Chief Minister. Secondly, he was arrested for protesting in Chepaul by Triplicane police.
In both these cases, Karunas was given a conditional bail, and Karunas was also released from, Vellore Prison. Police had recently received information that Karunas was involved in breaking the car glass of the leader of Devar Peravai on eve of the 302nd birth anniversary of Pulidevan at Puliyangudi.
When police went to arrest him, his house was locked. Karunas had been admitted in hospital early morning and was getting treatment at ICU, but now has been shifted to normal ward. He had sought anticipatory bail in this case, and it will know today if he will get bail in this case also or not.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!