United Nations sources stated that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) acknowledged the economic reforms carried out under Prime Minister Narendra Modi and projected India to be the world's fastest growing major economy this year and next. Meanwhile the World Economic Outlook (WEO) released ahead of the IMF annual meeting in Bali said, "In India, important reforms have been implemented in recent years, including the Goods and Services Tax, the inflation targeting framework, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, and steps to liberalize foreign investment and make it easier to do business."
Furthermore after citing external factors "the recent increase in oil prices and the tightening of global financial conditions" and it cut India's growth projection made in July for next year by 0.1% to 7.4% which would still be the world's fastest growth rate for major economies. Meanwhile it kept the 7.3% growth projection for this year made in July.
Moreover when compared to the projections made in
April, the current one for 2018 is lower by 0.1% and for 2019 by 0.4%.
Accordingly WEO said up from India's growth rate of 6.7% in 2016, the growth
projections for this year and the next reflect "a rebound from transitory
shocks" of demonetization and the implementation of the national Goods and
Services Tax" and "strengthening investment and robust private
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto