Seoul sources stated that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has invited Pope Francis to visit Pyongyang, the South Korean presidential office said on Tuesday. Accordingly the invitation was revealed during a press briefing here about South Korean President Moon Jae-in's upcoming visit to Europe, which includes a trip to the Vatican on October 17 and 18.
Meanwhile Presidential spokesperson Kim Eui-kyeom, according to Yonhap news agency said "Chairman Kim (Jong-un) said he will 'ardently welcome the Pope if he visits Pyongyang'". Meanwhile Moon and Kim have met three times this year, with the last meeting taking place in September in Pyongyang. The spokesperson said "Moon will deliver this message from the Pyongyang leader when he meets the Pope," adding that the South Korean leader will also seek the Vatican's support for peace and stability on the Korean peninsula.
Moreover the Pope has in the past supported dialogue between the
two Koreas and the historic summit between Kim and US
President Donald Trump, which took place in Singapore on June 12. Earlier
the Pontiff visited South Korea in August 2014.
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto