Transport minister Vijaya Baskar has announced that this year, there will be more number of buses and special buses running than compared to every other year on occasion of Diwali, the festival of lights. People have already started preparations for Diwali festival, and while the festival is going to be celebrated on November 6, people have already started booking buses to go to their native places on either 4th or 5th of November itself.
In such a scenario, the transport minister Vijaya Baskar has announced that there will be large number of special buses this time as Diwali special. As per his announcement on Diwali there will be 20567 special buses, and 13764 running from Chennai, and these buses will be operating on November 3,4, and 5. 3500 buses will be running from other cities, and After Diwali from other places to Chennai 1118 special buses will be running.
Special reservation counters will be functioning from November 1, and there will be 26 such counters. The minister also said that severe action will be taken if private services charge higher prices.
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto