Transport minister Vijaya Baskar has announced that this year, there will be more number of buses and special buses running than compared to every other year on occasion of Diwali, the festival of lights. People have already started preparations for Diwali festival, and while the festival is going to be celebrated on November 6, people have already started booking buses to go to their native places on either 4th or 5th of November itself.
In such a scenario, the transport minister Vijaya Baskar has announced that there will be large number of special buses this time as Diwali special. As per his announcement on Diwali there will be 20567 special buses, and 13764 running from Chennai, and these buses will be operating on November 3,4, and 5. 3500 buses will be running from other cities, and After Diwali from other places to Chennai 1118 special buses will be running.
Special reservation counters will be functioning from November 1, and there will be 26 such counters. The minister also said that severe action will be taken if private services charge higher prices.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!