Accordingly following the Supreme Court’s ruling allowing the entry of women across all age groups into the Sabarimala temple in Kerala, the Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB) has now come forward to state that there will be no separate or special facilities would be made available for women who want to take part in the pilgrimage to the temple.
Accordingly TDB president A Padmakumar told that, ’existing facilities’ would continue to remain so and that no special arrangements would be made. Previously, in an affidavit to the High Court, the same board had stated that separate spaces would be arranged for women and that special toilets would be constructed for women too. Meanwhile hours after this announcement came to light, Padmakumar took a completely different stance after a board meeting was held with TDB members.
As per report 100 separate toilet facilities for women, to be painted pink in color, space for changing, were all planned for female pilgrims visiting the temple as per the affidavit submitted to the high court. Moreover the board now has said that considering that most of the members of the board are not for the idea of women of all ages being allowed to enter the temple, they are reconsidering the implementation of these ideas. Furthermore Padmakumar also stated that it has not been yet decided whether female police personnel would be deployed at the temple.
Even Candidates Shy Away from Janasena Review Meeting Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. Pawan Kalyan himself disappeared after the polling and hurried arranged review meetings of the candidates in Mangalagiri office after 10 days of the polling. The candidates of Uttarandhra, Godavari districts, and Krishna were called.
- Thambidurai's surprising behavior!
- North Indians angry over Briyani!
- Will Rahul Gandhi fulfill his poll promises?
- Did TTV Dinakaran appeared before Court in defamation case?
- Harassment case against Chief justice!
- Age verification on adult sites soon!
- Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!
- Pinarayi hits out Modis speech on Sabarimala issue
- PM offered of all possible help & assistance to Sri Lanka after Easter blast
- MK Stalin to devise strategy for 4 Assembly by-elections scheduled on May 19
- World's smallest baby boy weighing as an apple, ready for outside world
- Is Pawan Kalyan again hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons?