Mumbai sources reported that a Maharashtra BJP spokesperson on Friday described Prime Minister Narendra Modi as the "11th incarnation" of Lord Vishnu, prompting ridicule by the Opposition, with the Congress calling it an "insult" to the gods. State BJP spokesperson Avadhut Wagh said on Twitter "Hon PM @narendramodi ji is the 11th Avatar (incarnation) of Lord Vishnu”.
Meanwhile when talking to a Marathi news channel, he said, "The country is fortunate that we have got a god like leader in Modi." Further attacking Mr Wagh, state Congress spokesperson Atul Londhe said it was an "insult" to the gods. He added "This is also an attempt to find lost political ground (by Wagh). He does not think this (comment) needs to be given much importance”. Moreover the remark was reflective of the "low level of culture" within the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Mr Londhe said.
As per report Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Jitendra Awhad also took a dig at Wagh. He told reporters "Wagh is an engineering graduate from VJTI. There is a need now to check if his certificate (degree) is genuine and this was not expected from him”.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam