Mumbai sources reported that a Maharashtra BJP spokesperson on Friday described Prime Minister Narendra Modi as the "11th incarnation" of Lord Vishnu, prompting ridicule by the Opposition, with the Congress calling it an "insult" to the gods. State BJP spokesperson Avadhut Wagh said on Twitter "Hon PM @narendramodi ji is the 11th Avatar (incarnation) of Lord Vishnu”.
Meanwhile when talking to a Marathi news channel, he said, "The country is fortunate that we have got a god like leader in Modi." Further attacking Mr Wagh, state Congress spokesperson Atul Londhe said it was an "insult" to the gods. He added "This is also an attempt to find lost political ground (by Wagh). He does not think this (comment) needs to be given much importance”. Moreover the remark was reflective of the "low level of culture" within the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Mr Londhe said.
As per report Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Jitendra Awhad also took a dig at Wagh. He told reporters "Wagh is an engineering graduate from VJTI. There is a need now to check if his certificate (degree) is genuine and this was not expected from him”.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome