Mumbai sources reported that a Maharashtra BJP spokesperson on Friday described Prime Minister Narendra Modi as the "11th incarnation" of Lord Vishnu, prompting ridicule by the Opposition, with the Congress calling it an "insult" to the gods. State BJP spokesperson Avadhut Wagh said on Twitter "Hon PM @narendramodi ji is the 11th Avatar (incarnation) of Lord Vishnu”.
Meanwhile when talking to a Marathi news channel, he said, "The country is fortunate that we have got a god like leader in Modi." Further attacking Mr Wagh, state Congress spokesperson Atul Londhe said it was an "insult" to the gods. He added "This is also an attempt to find lost political ground (by Wagh). He does not think this (comment) needs to be given much importance”. Moreover the remark was reflective of the "low level of culture" within the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Mr Londhe said.
As per report Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MLA Jitendra Awhad also took a dig at Wagh. He told reporters "Wagh is an engineering graduate from VJTI. There is a need now to check if his certificate (degree) is genuine and this was not expected from him”.
Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana? Hyderabad sources stated that with the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) strike entering the tenth day, the agitating workers had organized a 'Raasta Roko' (road blockage) protests in all districts across the state on Tuesday. Meanwhile the Joint Action Committee (JAC) president Ashwathama Reddy said that this was not some kind of ordinary strike, and it was meant for the ensuring that justice is delivered to RTC employees and the people of Telangana.
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike