Accordingly nearly a week after the MeToo movement hit the Tamil film industry, President of the Nadigar Sangam and the Tamil Film Producers Council, Vishal has announced to set up a three member probe committee to look into these allegations. Meanwhile when speaking at the press meet of his upcoming film on Saturday, he said, “We are forming a three member committee for all bodies i.e. Nadigar Sangam, FEFSI, TFPC, and Film Chamber. It is a platform to make sure women are safe and to ensure unity in the industry. Meanwhile at the same time, it will also be a platform to show that we are there for the women actors, from junior artistes to senior artistes.”
Further refusing to take a stand on not working with Vairamuthu, Vishal said that law needs to take its course and the matter needs to go to court to be proven. He said unsarcastically “After everything is analyzed and proved, of course, we will not be sitting and watching even then”. Moreover Vishal pointed that “MeToo is to bring about awareness to be united against sexual harassment. Section 201 is there. Being silent when a crime happens and covering up evidence is a crime and he is not saying it is a crime. Just like how Amala Paul immediately got justice, they will also get justice.”
Moreover Vishal seems to have been referring to film actor Amala Paul who had alleged harassment at a rehearsal for a show in January this year. Finally the popular actor approached the police soon after the incident to report a stranger who had walked into the dance studio to ‘solicit’ her.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP