Ideally, one should not get one's hair cut or do a shave during Navaratri it is said that this angers Goddess Durga and invites her wrath. If you have work commitments, then you can probably give yourself a shave a couple of times, but avoid getting your hair cut. Also do not organize a mundan ceremony for your child in this period. You can't obviously give up sleeping for nine days, but one should avoid sleeping in the afternoon during this time.
This is especially true for those who are fasting, since it is said that if you sleep during the daytime during Navaratri (at a time when you should be up and about), then all the "good karma" attained from the fast goes null and void. Avoid. And if you are fasting, then here are a few tips that will come in handy. Unless you are doing nirjal vrat (without water), keep yourself hydrated. This will also keep your hunger pangs at bay. If you have trouble having too much water at one go, other alternatives such as lemon water, coconut without and fresh juices (without preservatives) also serve the same purpose.
Since you can have more or less all kinds of sweets during a fast, people tend to go overboard. However, not only is sugar bad for your health, but refined sugar can lead to weight gain and lethargy, something that you don't want to have, especially after a fasting session! For healthier alternatives, you must have jaggery and honey make sure that they are pure and free from preservatives though.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal