Chennai sources stated that the Madras High Court extended an interim order dispensing with the appearance of former Union minister P. Chidambaram’s family members before a special court here till November 2 in a case of 'non-disclosure' of foreign assets filed against them by the I-T department.
Accordingly a division bench of Justices S Manikumar and Subramonium Prasad, has already reserved its order on the main appeals moved by Chidambaram's wife, son and daughter-in-law, challenging the prosecution initiated against them by the Income Tax department under the Black Money Act. Earlier on September 14, the court in an interim order dispensed with the appearance of Chidambaram's wife Nalini, his son, Karti and daughter-in-law Srinidhi before the special court for economic offences cases, Egmore till October 12.
Moreover as per report from the I-T department the three had failed to disclose a property they jointly own in Cambridge in the UK, worth Rs 5.37 crore, which amounted to an offence under the Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act. The counsel said all the relevant information had been disclosed by the petitioners in their returns filed under the Income Tax Act.
Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish Aurangabad sources stated that after ordering 'paneer' dishes from the restaurant discovery and food delivery platform, Zomato, an Aurangabad resident on Friday found fibre in his food. Sachin Jamdare said "I ordered paneer chilly, paneer masala, etc for my children. When we started eating, my daughter told me the paneer was very hard and her teeth hurt while chewing it. When I tasted it, I found fiber”.
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls