In Kerala Puja Veppu ceremony is performed on the day of Durgashtami. All kinds of study and work are given up on this day and books are worshiped. On the day of Mahanavami, Goddess Saraswati is worshiped. On the day of Vijaya Dashami, it is break-up time for the Pooja and work and study are again restarted.
Vidyarambham is an important Hindu tradition that is observed on the 'Vijayadashami' day during the Malayalam month of 'Kanni'. This ceremony is also known as 'Ezhuthiniruthu' in the southern states of India like Karnataka and Kerala. In this ritual young children aged between 3-5 years are introduced to the world of knowledge, music, dance and some forms of folk arts.
The observance of Vidyarambham marks the final and tenth day of the Navaratri celebrations and is considered to be an auspicious day for initiating the learning process, especially in young children. This ceremony is performed in temples and even few households. The process of initiation and learning is closely linked to the 'Ayudha Puja' ritual.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach