Accordingly when allegations of sexual misconduct against Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu began surfacing on Monday as part of the MeToo movement on Indian social media, singer Chinmayi came forward with her own story of harassment the following day. Chinmayi recounted the incident from 2000-2006 when the lyricist allegedly harassed her, and later had to defend herself from the vile comments and attacks on social media and the news media.
Meanwhile this mounting disbelief about Chinmayi’s version provoked US based artiste Sindhuja Rajaram to come forward with her own experience. Furthermore in an email interview to TNM, Sindhuja talks about why she chose to be identified than staying anonymous. Moreover she also details her experience with Vairamuthu, when she tried joining his hostel and that she has received closure. Recently another singer and anchor with a popular Tamil TV channel who came forward to TNM anonymously says that her experience with Vairamuthu has left her traumatized for life.
Accordingly Ananya entered the industry at the age of 25, having returned from the US with hopes of becoming a singer. Meanwhile Ananya says that Vairamuthu asked her if she would accompany him to Malaysia. Moreover when Ananya refused, she knew the consequences. She said “She saw so many people judging Chinmayi since she is from the industry and had this happened to one of their family members, they would not have said this. So she decided she wanted to help”.
New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys According to sources Indian IT major Infosys has received cabinet approval to develop, what is being called, the next generation income tax filing system, which will cut down the processing time for returns from 63 days to one day and expedite refunds. Meanwhile the integrated E-filing and Centralized Processing Centre 2.0 Project of the Income Tax Department will be developed by Infosys at a cost of Rs 4,241.97 crore.
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp