Accordingly when allegations of sexual misconduct against Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu began surfacing on Monday as part of the MeToo movement on Indian social media, singer Chinmayi came forward with her own story of harassment the following day. Chinmayi recounted the incident from 2000-2006 when the lyricist allegedly harassed her, and later had to defend herself from the vile comments and attacks on social media and the news media.
Meanwhile this mounting disbelief about Chinmayi’s version provoked US based artiste Sindhuja Rajaram to come forward with her own experience. Furthermore in an email interview to TNM, Sindhuja talks about why she chose to be identified than staying anonymous. Moreover she also details her experience with Vairamuthu, when she tried joining his hostel and that she has received closure. Recently another singer and anchor with a popular Tamil TV channel who came forward to TNM anonymously says that her experience with Vairamuthu has left her traumatized for life.
Accordingly Ananya entered the industry at the age of 25, having returned from the US with hopes of becoming a singer. Meanwhile Ananya says that Vairamuthu asked her if she would accompany him to Malaysia. Moreover when Ananya refused, she knew the consequences. She said “She saw so many people judging Chinmayi since she is from the industry and had this happened to one of their family members, they would not have said this. So she decided she wanted to help”.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach