According to sources the Enforcement Directorate said it has attached assets in India and abroad worth Rs 218 crore belonging to fugitive diamond merchants Nirav Modi and his maternal uncle Mehul Choksi. Meanwhile the duo, who have fled the country, are accused of defrauding state run Punjab National Bank of Rs 13,500 crore.
Furthermore a senior official of the agency said "A villa at a foreign location worth Rs 27 crore belonging to Choksi has been attached." Accordingly the assets attached by the ED include a Hyderabad property worth Rs 120 crore belonging to A.P. Gems & Jewelery Park. Further on specific intelligence, diamonds with a market value of Rs 18.76 crore belonging to the Firestar Group related to Nirav Modi were also seized.
Moreover the official revealed that the agency has attached an overseas flat worth Rs 51 crore belonging to Mihir Bhansali, a close aide of Nirav Modi. Hence the official also said that Letters Rogatory have been sent to the authorities of foreign jurisdictions to enforce the provisional attachment orders. As per report Nirav Modi and his uncle Mehul Choksi of Gitanjali Group are under probe by both the Central Bureau of Investigation and the ED. The ED had on May 24 and May 26 filed charge sheets against the two. Non-bailable warrants have also been issued against them.
Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI! The union government has removed special director of CBI Rakesh Asthana, just within a week of removal of his chief Alok Verma that was followed by his offering of fire services chief role and his subsequent resignation from police services.
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker