Hyderabad sources stated that former Maoist ideologue and revolutionary balladeer Gaddar on Wednesday said he was ready to contest the elections against Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao as the joint candidate of opposition parties. Meanwhile Gaddar, who met Congress president Rahul Gandhi last week, said if all opposition parties make a request to him to contest from Gajwel and ensure that the opposition votes are not divided, he will contest the December 11 election.
Accordingly Rao, who is also President of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), is seeking re-election from Gajwel in the coming elections to Telangana assembly. Gaddar described Gajwel as his birthplace. Furthermore Gaddar said he did not belong to any party but would support any party to end what he calls 'neo-feudalism' in Telangana and further stating that Telangana state was created with the sacrifices of martyrs, he said the change has not come in the state.
Moreover Gaddar, whose real name is Gummadi Vittal Rao, told reporters at Kamareddy that after 70 years he has enrolled himself as a voter and had now launched people's movement to end 'neo-feudalism'. Gaddar who plans to campaign against TRS by singing "people's songs said "My fight is to end autocratic rule and realize the dreams of the martyrs of Telangana”. Further he appealed to people to make Rahul Gandhi's public meeting at Kamareddy on October 20 a huge success.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations