Hindus celebrate the festival by inviting friends and family for sumptuous meals. The Goddess is worshiped by offering sweets, food, flowers and fruits. Puffed rice, jaggery, groundnuts, fried gram dhal, rice flakes, sugar candy are offered during pooja. People decorate their homes with flowers and torans or doorway hangings of mango leaves or fresh palm leaves.
Sweets are made and distributed among friends, family and neighbors. Gifts too are given away to them. Business places and offices are also decorated and pooja is done to their books, computers, vehicles, tools, machinery and weapons. It is to pray for auspicious good vibrations and victory and above all protection from all kinds of harm. It is called Astra or Ayudha pooja.Ayudha or Astra Pooja is an expression of gratitude to God for granting us tools for everyday use to fulfill our duties, by prostrating before it on this day.
Government offices celebrate this festival by offering worship to office equipment's, computers, laptops and printers.It is a common sight to see buses, trucks, vehicles decorated with banana stems, flowers, with splash of sandal wood paste and kumkum on them. Houses and offices also use banana stems and flowers for decoration. Sharadha pooja is done with books of children. Books are kept for worship and blessings of Goddess are invoked for the gift of learning and knowledge.
Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019 Accordingly Tamilnadu Plastic Manufacturers’ Association (TAPMA) has planned to hold a demonstration on Thursday, asking Tamilnadu government to withdraw its plastic ban that would take effect from January 1, 2019. Meanwhile TAPMA members allege that the government order is discriminatory in nature, which allows the use of plastics in many government sectors and large scale private sectors, while the same is banned for the public and small scale private sectors.
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!
- Rajinikanth delays politics due to BJP loss?
- Mizoram CM's Sensational first order!
- Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana?
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas