According to sources it was stated that in a major train mishap on the Dussehra day, a train ran into large crowds who were watching Ravana Dehan in Choura Bazar near Amritsar of Punjab. Meanwhile according to eye-witnesses, people had gathered in large numbers to watch the burning of Ravana effigy. Furthermore due to large crowds, many people stood on near-by railway track and watching the burning of Ravana effigy and that is when the train had hit them.
Reports added since the crackers were burning with large sound, people couldn't hear the train sound. Preliminary report suggests that the incident took place following a stampede during the Dussehra celebration. Moreover police has confirmed that at least 100 people were dead. Media reports suggest that the tally could be much higher and the injured were rushed to nearby hospital. Even though police personnel were deployed to avoid any untoward incident, they said to have failed to control the crowds who were gathered to see Rahana Dehan.
Further the on-lookers say the police personnel
have neither warned the crowd not to stand on railway track nor they have
informed the near-by railway crossing. As per reports, the dead bodies were
scattered and blood flown on the railway track due to the impact of the
collision. Also the eyewitnesses said the
Amritsar-Howrah train had crossed the spot minutes earlier and had the two
trains crossed at the same time, casualties would have been way higher.
Amritsar commissioner of police S S Srivastava put the death toll at 61 soon
after the accident.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach