According to sources it was stated that in a major train mishap on the Dussehra day, a train ran into large crowds who were watching Ravana Dehan in Choura Bazar near Amritsar of Punjab. Meanwhile according to eye-witnesses, people had gathered in large numbers to watch the burning of Ravana effigy. Furthermore due to large crowds, many people stood on near-by railway track and watching the burning of Ravana effigy and that is when the train had hit them.
Reports added since the crackers were burning with large sound, people couldn't hear the train sound. Preliminary report suggests that the incident took place following a stampede during the Dussehra celebration. Moreover police has confirmed that at least 100 people were dead. Media reports suggest that the tally could be much higher and the injured were rushed to nearby hospital. Even though police personnel were deployed to avoid any untoward incident, they said to have failed to control the crowds who were gathered to see Rahana Dehan.
Further the on-lookers say the police personnel
have neither warned the crowd not to stand on railway track nor they have
informed the near-by railway crossing. As per reports, the dead bodies were
scattered and blood flown on the railway track due to the impact of the
collision. Also the eyewitnesses said the
Amritsar-Howrah train had crossed the spot minutes earlier and had the two
trains crossed at the same time, casualties would have been way higher.
Amritsar commissioner of police S S Srivastava put the death toll at 61 soon
after the accident.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?