New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court is likely to pronounce verdict on Tuesday on a plea seeking a ban on manufacture and sale of firecrackers across the country to curb air pollution. Meanwhile a bench of Justices A K Sikri and Ashok Bhushan which had reserved its verdict on August 28 is to pronounce the judgment.
Earlier the apex court had said there is a need to take into account all aspects, including the fundamental right of livelihood of firecracker manufacturers and the right to health of over 1.3 billion people in the country, while considering a plea for the ban. Furthermore the top court had said the Article 21 (right to life) of Constitution applies to both segments of people and it needs to maintain a balance while considering a countrywide ban on firecrackers.
Moreover it had asked Centre to suggest measures to be taken for curbing the pollution and what will be the effect of firecrackers on the public at large. Hence the apex court had on August 8 said a spike in PM 2.5 levels in the air is a severe problem as the particulate matter remains in people's lungs, leading to serious health implications. Previously firecrackers manufacturers told the court that use of firecrackers should not be completely banned and it should instead be strictly regulated. Further they have said the firecracker manufacturers can be deprived of their right to do business based on statements which were not supported by facts.
Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project Chennai sources stated that the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has signed an agreement with the Government of India to provide Official Development Assistance (ODA) Loan of 40,074 million Japanese Yen (approximately INR 2,470 Crore) for Chennai Peripheral Ring Road Project (Phase 1). Meanwhile the Chennai Peripheral Ring Road is placed as one of the priority projects
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019