Sources stated that an Election Commission team arrived here on Monday on a three day visit to review poll preparedness in Telangana. Accordingly the 11 member team, led by Chief Election Commissioner O.P. Rawat, met representatives of nine recognized political parties. Meanwhile the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), opposition Congress, Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) and other parties made their submissions before the team.
Furthermore the Congress party raised the issue of alleged discrepancies in voter list and its leader M. Shashidhar Reddy told the CEC that names of many voters were missing from the revised list. BJP's N. Indrasena Reddy complained about bogus voters, especially in Hyderabad and he told the EC team that no action was taken despite repeated complaints in this regard.
Moreover after hearing the political parties, the EC team met Telangana's Chief Electoral Officer Rajat Kumar and senior police officials to review the poll preparedness. Hence the team is scheduled to meet all the electoral officers and Superintendents of police of all the districts on Tuesday and the assembly polls were originally scheduled to be held along with Lok Sabha elections next year, but the TRS government decided to go in for early elections by dissolving the Assembly.
Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama! Entire Telangana Police Department is searching for one person right from morning. Congress party has called for seizing Pragathi Bhavan in support of RTC demands. Police has start searching for Congress party leaders and make them under house arrest.
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time