Sources stated that an Election Commission team arrived here on Monday on a three day visit to review poll preparedness in Telangana. Accordingly the 11 member team, led by Chief Election Commissioner O.P. Rawat, met representatives of nine recognized political parties. Meanwhile the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), opposition Congress, Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) and other parties made their submissions before the team.
Furthermore the Congress party raised the issue of alleged discrepancies in voter list and its leader M. Shashidhar Reddy told the CEC that names of many voters were missing from the revised list. BJP's N. Indrasena Reddy complained about bogus voters, especially in Hyderabad and he told the EC team that no action was taken despite repeated complaints in this regard.
Moreover after hearing the political parties, the EC team met Telangana's Chief Electoral Officer Rajat Kumar and senior police officials to review the poll preparedness. Hence the team is scheduled to meet all the electoral officers and Superintendents of police of all the districts on Tuesday and the assembly polls were originally scheduled to be held along with Lok Sabha elections next year, but the TRS government decided to go in for early elections by dissolving the Assembly.
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post