Chennai sources stated that to lessen the pressure of traffic during Deepawali festival in the city, the transport department has prepared a new chart of routes. Meanwhile as per report Perungalathur and Tambaram would usually be overcrowded during festivals and both government and omni buses would pile up. Furthermore the stretch between Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus (CMBT) to Perungalathur would be choked with vehicles, all moving at snail’s pace.
An official said “We have received a flurry of complaints regarding this, and we planned to ease traffic this time. Accordingly, all south bound fully loaded buses, after picking up passengers, would not pass through Tambaram and Perungalathur, instead would take the Maduravoyal by-pass road and Vandalur Outer Ring Road (ORR) and finally reach Vandalur on October 3, 4 and 5”. However, those buses that are half filled with passengers would go to Tambaram and Perungalathur, picking up passengers on the way.
Hence the official also said that passengers who have already booked tickets online to board buses from Tambaram and Perungalathur, should go to the temporary bus stop Urapakkam (CMDA premises Kilambakkam) to reach their destination, on these three days. Moreover another chart issued by the transport department said that Andhra Pradesh buses would leave from Madhavaram Mofusssil Bus Terminus (MMBT), which was recently opened.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy