Chennai sources stated that to lessen the pressure of traffic during Deepawali festival in the city, the transport department has prepared a new chart of routes. Meanwhile as per report Perungalathur and Tambaram would usually be overcrowded during festivals and both government and omni buses would pile up. Furthermore the stretch between Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus (CMBT) to Perungalathur would be choked with vehicles, all moving at snail’s pace.
An official said “We have received a flurry of complaints regarding this, and we planned to ease traffic this time. Accordingly, all south bound fully loaded buses, after picking up passengers, would not pass through Tambaram and Perungalathur, instead would take the Maduravoyal by-pass road and Vandalur Outer Ring Road (ORR) and finally reach Vandalur on October 3, 4 and 5”. However, those buses that are half filled with passengers would go to Tambaram and Perungalathur, picking up passengers on the way.
Hence the official also said that passengers who have already booked tickets online to board buses from Tambaram and Perungalathur, should go to the temporary bus stop Urapakkam (CMDA premises Kilambakkam) to reach their destination, on these three days. Moreover another chart issued by the transport department said that Andhra Pradesh buses would leave from Madhavaram Mofusssil Bus Terminus (MMBT), which was recently opened.
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority