According to sources the Supreme Court on Tuesday passed a significant order on the bursting of firecrackers on Deepawali in view of curbing pollution. Meanwhile the apex court limited the time where the activity would be allowed to 8 pm to 10 pm and only ‘green’ firecrackers i.e., those which have reduced emission can be manufactured and sold. Furthermore the court also said that only licensed vendors would be allowed to sell these firecrackers, and e-commerce websites would not be allowed to sell firecrackers.
Furthermore on one hand, people have appreciated the lifting of complete ban on sale and use of firecrackers and hence on the other hand, activists and manufacturers have pointed out that these ‘green’ crackers are not yet available in the market, and in the garb of these, the more polluting varieties may find their way into the markets.
Earlier in August, PCA Asaithambi, President of the Tamil Nadu Fireworks and Amorces Manufacturers Association (TANFAMA) had told, “Green crackers are something that the government must help us with in terms of the formula to be used. CSIR and NEERI have already come down to our factories to do the groundwork and see how the crackers can be made more environmentally friendly and they will definitely find a remedy but it may take up to two years.”
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations