According to sources the Supreme Court on Tuesday passed a significant order on the bursting of firecrackers on Deepawali in view of curbing pollution. Meanwhile the apex court limited the time where the activity would be allowed to 8 pm to 10 pm and only ‘green’ firecrackers i.e., those which have reduced emission can be manufactured and sold. Furthermore the court also said that only licensed vendors would be allowed to sell these firecrackers, and e-commerce websites would not be allowed to sell firecrackers.
Furthermore on one hand, people have appreciated the lifting of complete ban on sale and use of firecrackers and hence on the other hand, activists and manufacturers have pointed out that these ‘green’ crackers are not yet available in the market, and in the garb of these, the more polluting varieties may find their way into the markets.
Earlier in August, PCA Asaithambi, President of the Tamil Nadu Fireworks and Amorces Manufacturers Association (TANFAMA) had told, “Green crackers are something that the government must help us with in terms of the formula to be used. CSIR and NEERI have already come down to our factories to do the groundwork and see how the crackers can be made more environmentally friendly and they will definitely find a remedy but it may take up to two years.”
Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it! Former Indian swashbuckling opening batsman Virender Sehwag has challenged that though Indian Skipper, run machine Virat Kohli has been making new records and breaking existing records, smashing most of the records of Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, he won't be able to overcome several records. Kolhi has been on a rampage as he has been breaking records one after the other with every match and he is literally unstoppable.
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?