According to sources the Supreme Court on Tuesday passed a significant order on the bursting of firecrackers on Deepawali in view of curbing pollution. Meanwhile the apex court limited the time where the activity would be allowed to 8 pm to 10 pm and only ‘green’ firecrackers i.e., those which have reduced emission can be manufactured and sold. Furthermore the court also said that only licensed vendors would be allowed to sell these firecrackers, and e-commerce websites would not be allowed to sell firecrackers.
Furthermore on one hand, people have appreciated the lifting of complete ban on sale and use of firecrackers and hence on the other hand, activists and manufacturers have pointed out that these ‘green’ crackers are not yet available in the market, and in the garb of these, the more polluting varieties may find their way into the markets.
Earlier in August, PCA Asaithambi, President of the Tamil Nadu Fireworks and Amorces Manufacturers Association (TANFAMA) had told, “Green crackers are something that the government must help us with in terms of the formula to be used. CSIR and NEERI have already come down to our factories to do the groundwork and see how the crackers can be made more environmentally friendly and they will definitely find a remedy but it may take up to two years.”
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam