Hong Kong sources stated that Hong Kong based Cathay Pacific Airways said Thursday it has discovered unauthorized access to the personal data of 9.4 million passengers but had no evidence the leaked information had been misused. Meanwhile the airline said in a statement the breach was discovered during “ongoing security processes.
As per report Hong Kong’s privacy commissioner, Stephen Kai-yi Wong, expressed “serious concern” over the lapse and urged companies to improve protection personal data. Furthermore he said his office would begin a compliance check of the airline and he urged people to change their passwords and enable “two factor authentication,” to help protect their data. Further the news caused the airline’s shares to plunge 6.5% in early Hong Kong trading. By midday Thursday, Cathay Pacific’s shares were down 5.1%.
Moreover Cathay Pacific said the data stolen included names, nationalities; birth dates, phone numbers, addresses, passport and identity card numbers and expired credit card numbers, among other information. Also it also said customers could contact the airline at [email protected]. The airline’s CEO, Rupert Hogg said in a statement “We are very sorry for any concern this data security event may cause our passengers. We acted and to further strengthen our IT security measures”.
Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11 As per report actress and Congress leader Khushbu, who was in Hyderabad yesterday, has hit out at KCR by calling him a 'Commission Man'. She alleged that TRS government is working for the 'commissions'. Meanwhile she further alleged that TRS has failed to provide employment to youths and 'minimum support price' to farmers.
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?
- Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli