Chennai sources stated that Chief Election Commissioner O.P. Rawat said on Thursday the Election Commission will have to conduct by-polls in six months to fill the vacancies that have arisen in 18 Assembly seats in the state, if the Madras high court order upholding the disqualification of the MLAs becomes final and in the event of the said legislators not going on an appeal before the Supreme Court.
Mr. Rawat said in New Delhi “If this order (of the Madras high court) becomes final there will be by-polls but suppose they (disqualified legislators) go to Supreme Court, it will be under the adjudication”. Furthermore when speaking to a television channel he said, “since the disqualification will create vacancies and whenever there are vacancies, we are required to hold elections (by-polls) to those vacancies within 6 months, so the Election Commission will see it from that angle.”
Mr. Rawat added “There will be by-polls but suppose they go to Supreme Court, it will be under the adjudication”. Moreover CEO, Satyabrata Sahoo was quoted by a television channel as saying that the ECI would be informed about the vacancies arising in the 18 Assembly constituencies once by-election to the Tiruvarur and Tiruparankundram constituencies are likely to be held along with the Lok Sabha elections next year.
Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday Accordingly Iconic cartoon character Mickey Mouse turned 90 on Sunday, and his birthday is being celebrated around the world, including in India. Meanwhile Mickey Mouse made his first appearance in Steamboat Willie on November 18, 1928, and has ruled hearts since then. Furthermore he was born out of necessity when Walt Disney discovered he had lost the rights to his previous character
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth