New Delhi sources stated that amid the ongoing CBI row, Congress intensified its attacks against the BJP led Centre with its president Rahul Gandhi terming the removal of Alok Verma, chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation, as ‘illegal’. Rahul said “Appointment and removal of CBI director is done by a committee of 3 people PM, Chief Justice of India and Leader of Opposition. But at 2 am in the night, the CBI director was removed, which is an insult to the constitution, insult to the CJI, and insult to people of India and is illegal and criminal”.
Meanwhile when addressing a press conference over the issue, the Congress chief also said that PM’s reaction was in a panic. Rahul claimed “The main reason for this removal of CBI Director at midnight is that the CBI was going to begin an investigation on the role of PM in Rafale scam and the corruption carried out by him”. He added “The Prime Minister knows that the moment an investigation begins into the Rafale deal, he is finished and this is the reason why he panicked”.
Moreover the Congress president further said, “CBI Director was not only removed but his room was sealed. The incriminating documents that were with him were taken away and that is why the work was done at 2 am”. Further CBI Director Alok Verma and Special Director Rakesh Asthana were “divested of all powers” after the central government intervened in the ongoing CBI spat on Tuesday evening.
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India