Chennai sources reported that the South Indian Artistes Association or Nadigar Sangam as it is popularly known has announced the setting up of an ICC, following weeks of allegations made against celebrities from the Tamil film industry, as part of the ‘Me Too’ movement online. Earlier on Monday, Nadigar Sangam President Nasser and Treasurer Karthi convened a Special Working Committee meeting of the actor’s body. Recently a two point statement released to the press read, “Although there are Sangam laws to safeguard the rights and self-respect of our members, a legally mandated ‘Vishaka committee’ will be constituted.”
Accordingly “It is recommended that an authoritative body be set up under the leadership of the Tamil Film Producers Council for the redressal of conflicts that arise at the shooting spot.” Meanwhile the Nadigar Sangam urged the TFPC to also include the Film Employees Federation of South India, the Tamil Nadu Film Director's Association and themselves under the ambit of this redressal body.
Moreover Monday’s announcement comes in the wake of several celebrities who were ‘outed’ as part of the Me Too movement online, including Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu. Furthermore other celebrities from the Tamil film industry who have been accused of sexual conduct by women include actor Radha Ravi, actor TM Karthik, actor John Vijay, singer Karthik, director Susi Ganesan, actor Arjun Sarja and actor-producer Thyagarajan.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers