Chennai sources reported that the South Indian Artistes Association or Nadigar Sangam as it is popularly known has announced the setting up of an ICC, following weeks of allegations made against celebrities from the Tamil film industry, as part of the ‘Me Too’ movement online. Earlier on Monday, Nadigar Sangam President Nasser and Treasurer Karthi convened a Special Working Committee meeting of the actor’s body. Recently a two point statement released to the press read, “Although there are Sangam laws to safeguard the rights and self-respect of our members, a legally mandated ‘Vishaka committee’ will be constituted.”
Accordingly “It is recommended that an authoritative body be set up under the leadership of the Tamil Film Producers Council for the redressal of conflicts that arise at the shooting spot.” Meanwhile the Nadigar Sangam urged the TFPC to also include the Film Employees Federation of South India, the Tamil Nadu Film Director's Association and themselves under the ambit of this redressal body.
Moreover Monday’s announcement comes in the wake of several celebrities who were ‘outed’ as part of the Me Too movement online, including Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu. Furthermore other celebrities from the Tamil film industry who have been accused of sexual conduct by women include actor Radha Ravi, actor TM Karthik, actor John Vijay, singer Karthik, director Susi Ganesan, actor Arjun Sarja and actor-producer Thyagarajan.
Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London Reportedly Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy on Friday was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Royal Holloway, University of London, for his outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Science and the role model he represents in India and on the global stage.
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu
- Complaints Against Bigg Boss 3 Reaches Delhi