Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump is unable to participate as Chief Guest of India's Republic Day celebrations next year due to scheduling constraints. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi had invited President Trump for a bilateral visit to India during their talks in Washington last year.
Meanwhile White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders had, in July, said that Donald Trump has received an invitation to visit India, but no decision has been taken yet. A White House spokesperson told PTI on Monday, when asked about Donald Trump's decision on PM Modi's invitation "President Trump was honored by Prime Minister Modi's invitation for him to be Chief Guest of India's Republic Day on January 26, 2019 but is unable to participate due to scheduling constraints”.
Moreover it is said that the annual State of the Union (SOTU) address to both Houses of the US Congress by Donald Trump is likely to be around the time India will celebrate its Republic Day and the SOTU is normally delivered in the last week of January or first week of February. The spokesperson said "The President enjoys a strong personal rapport with Prime Minister Modi developed through two meetings and several phone calls and remains committed to deepening the US-India strategic partnership”.
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall