Chennai sources stated that the Tamilnadu government on Friday said people would be allowed to burst firecrackers between 6 am and 7 am and 7 pm to 8 pm on Diwali, in line with the Supreme Court directive. As per report a government release also urged people of the state to burst crackers with low decibel and pollution levels. The release said "Based on the Supreme Court verdict, the Tamilnadu government permits bursting of crackers between 6 am and 7 am and 7 pm and 8 pm”.
Furthermore, it asked the people to avoid bursting firecrackers near hospitals and places of worship. Accordingly the Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board would study the air quality seven days before and after the festival in all the corporation limits. Previously on October 30, the state government had said it would consult stakeholders regarding the Supreme Court's decision of allowing the state to pick a two hour slot for bursting firecrackers on Diwali.
Reports added the apex court had modified its earlier order of fixing an 8-10 pm slot for bursting crackers on Diwali, saying the time would be changed in southern states like Tamilnadu and Puducherry, but not exceed the two hour duration and the Diwali falls on November 6 in the state.
WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala Reportedly the first tranche of $250 million of the $500 million fund set aside by the World Bank for the Resilient Kerala Program (RKP) to help improve the state's resilience against natural disasters and climate change has been cleared. Furthermore according to a top bank official Kerala has become the first Indian state to get this fund, said Junaid Ahmad, Country Director, World Bank
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town
- Ram Madhav confirmed on humiliation at TANA?