Chennai sources stated that the Tamilnadu government on Friday said people would be allowed to burst firecrackers between 6 am and 7 am and 7 pm to 8 pm on Diwali, in line with the Supreme Court directive. As per report a government release also urged people of the state to burst crackers with low decibel and pollution levels. The release said "Based on the Supreme Court verdict, the Tamilnadu government permits bursting of crackers between 6 am and 7 am and 7 pm and 8 pm”.
Furthermore, it asked the people to avoid bursting firecrackers near hospitals and places of worship. Accordingly the Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board would study the air quality seven days before and after the festival in all the corporation limits. Previously on October 30, the state government had said it would consult stakeholders regarding the Supreme Court's decision of allowing the state to pick a two hour slot for bursting firecrackers on Diwali.
Reports added the apex court had modified its earlier order of fixing an 8-10 pm slot for bursting crackers on Diwali, saying the time would be changed in southern states like Tamilnadu and Puducherry, but not exceed the two hour duration and the Diwali falls on November 6 in the state.
Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth Chennai sources stated that top actor Rajinikanth, who is expected to foray into politics, said on Monday that the implementation of the demonetization exercise by the Centre was flawed. Meanwhile the Tamil superstar, when asked about his view on the impact of demonetization vis-a-vis its second anniversary, told reporters that "the implementation was flawed. It is a matter that should be discussed in detail."
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies