Chennai sources stated that the Tamilnadu government on Friday said people would be allowed to burst firecrackers between 6 am and 7 am and 7 pm to 8 pm on Diwali, in line with the Supreme Court directive. As per report a government release also urged people of the state to burst crackers with low decibel and pollution levels. The release said "Based on the Supreme Court verdict, the Tamilnadu government permits bursting of crackers between 6 am and 7 am and 7 pm and 8 pm”.
Furthermore, it asked the people to avoid bursting firecrackers near hospitals and places of worship. Accordingly the Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board would study the air quality seven days before and after the festival in all the corporation limits. Previously on October 30, the state government had said it would consult stakeholders regarding the Supreme Court's decision of allowing the state to pick a two hour slot for bursting firecrackers on Diwali.
Reports added the apex court had modified its earlier order of fixing an 8-10 pm slot for bursting crackers on Diwali, saying the time would be changed in southern states like Tamilnadu and Puducherry, but not exceed the two hour duration and the Diwali falls on November 6 in the state.
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India