Tehran sources stated that thousands of Iranians took to the streets across the country on Sunday to mark the 39th anniversary of the seizure of the US Embassy in Tehran now named "den of espionage", amid looming American sanctions slated to come into effect from Monday.
Accordingly the embassy was stormed by Iranian students on this day in 1979, and its personnel were held hostage for 444 days. As per report the US broke off diplomatic relations with Iran in 1980 and the ties between the two countries have since remained severed and the demonstrators carried placards and chanted slogans against the US and its regional allies including Israel.
Moreover the occasion this year coincides with the re-imposition of a comprehensive package of sanctions slapped against Tehran by Washington. The White House announced on Friday that the fresh sanctions on will be the "toughest" and "unprecedented", targeting "critical sectors" like energy, shipping, shipbuilding and finance. Reports added the US has kept accusing Iran of agitating regional instability and exporting violence, despite repeated denials from Iran. Hence American President Donald Trump, who pulled out of the hard won Iranian nuclear accord on May 8, said the deal was "one of the worst and most one-sided deals the US has ever entered into.
Hike in salary of Police officials by Karnataka Govt Reportedly the Karnataka government on Tuesday partially accepted the terms set in the Raghavendra Auradkar Committee report, which recommended pay hikes and promotions for police staff. Earlier in 2016, a committee headed by Raghavendra Auradkar, the then ADGP (Recruitment and Training), had recommended a hike in salary for police personnel. Furthermore the report was prepared after police
- Govt wants a suitable buyer for Air India
- Why Mudragada is silent now?
- TTD Chairman planned to serve people by spending money from his pocket
- VMRDA new Chairman thanked CM Jagan
- Importance of filing Income tax, Filing Last date July 31
- Chandrababu Sending Rayapati to BJP?
- High Court Grants Temporary Relief to Bigg Boss Organizers
- TV9 Sentiment for Ravi Prakash's New Channel?
- International Court of Justice Cancels the Death Sentence of Kulbushan Jadhav
- Red Warning issued to Kerala
- Why PM Modi angry with the Cabinet Ministers?
- Will AP Auto Drivers be paid Rs.10000 Per Year?
- New Governor appointed for AP
- No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman
- Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed?