Tehran sources stated that thousands of Iranians took to the streets across the country on Sunday to mark the 39th anniversary of the seizure of the US Embassy in Tehran now named "den of espionage", amid looming American sanctions slated to come into effect from Monday.
Accordingly the embassy was stormed by Iranian students on this day in 1979, and its personnel were held hostage for 444 days. As per report the US broke off diplomatic relations with Iran in 1980 and the ties between the two countries have since remained severed and the demonstrators carried placards and chanted slogans against the US and its regional allies including Israel.
Moreover the occasion this year coincides with the re-imposition of a comprehensive package of sanctions slapped against Tehran by Washington. The White House announced on Friday that the fresh sanctions on will be the "toughest" and "unprecedented", targeting "critical sectors" like energy, shipping, shipbuilding and finance. Reports added the US has kept accusing Iran of agitating regional instability and exporting violence, despite repeated denials from Iran. Hence American President Donald Trump, who pulled out of the hard won Iranian nuclear accord on May 8, said the deal was "one of the worst and most one-sided deals the US has ever entered into.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy