According to sources after the violent protests against the Supreme Court decision to allow women of all ages into the Sabarimala temple in October, Kerala police came out in full force on the road from Nilakkal, the base camp from where devotees head to Pamba and trek up to the Sabarimala temple. Meanwhile as per report around 1,500 police personnel each has been deployed in the areas of the temple, Pamba and Nilakkal.
Furthermore the intense security measures have been put in place for the Sree Chitra Atta Thirunal pooja commenced at 5 pm on Monday and the ritual ended at 10 pm on Tuesday. Reports added the security measures have not gone down well with hundreds of devotees, who arrived in Nilakkal on Monday morning. Reportedly the police were seen demanding ID cards from devotees, media personnel and others making their way to Pamba, where a number of devotees were asked to deboard the bus in Nilakkal following a round of security checks by the police.
Moreover the devotees then had to walk from Nilakkal to Pamba, causing a traffic jam on the road and they were seen chanting praises to Lord Ayyappa along the way. Further thousands of devotees descended on the checkpoint in Pamba, which is the last point before the trek to Sabarimala and hence several more devotees are still arriving with the temple gates set to open at 5 pm. Further no women between the ages of 10 and 50 have arrived at Pamba claimed the police.
Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall Accordingly in what came as a pleasant relief for a parched city, Chennai witnessed heavy rainfall on Sunday evening. Meanwhile at a time when the city is faced with a crippling water crisis, the convective rains came accompanied by thunder and lightning in many parts of the city.
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town
- Ram Madhav confirmed on humiliation at TANA?
- Siddaramaiah announces Trust Vote on Thursday at Karnataka Assembly