Chennai sources stated that Actor and Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) chief Kamal Hassan on Wednesday said his party is ready to contest the upcoming by-polls in Tamilnadu. Meanwhile according to a report, the party has already appointed 80% of field workers in the 20 assembly seats that they plan on contesting.
Previously, the actor turned politician had said that his party is ready for the 2019 general elections. Furthermore when asked whether his party will contest in the forthcoming by-polls in the state, Kamal had replied, "We will teach a lesson to the government to tell them about their duties, but we are not in the mindset to contest it."
Recently on his 64th birthday, the actor addressed media persons and made known the party's plan of action. Accordingly these by-polls became necessary after the Madras High Court last month upheld the disqualification of 18 AIADMK MLAs. Hence two Assembly seats Thiruvarur and Thiruparankundram constituencies have fallen vacant after the demise of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) chief M Karunanidhi and All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader A K Bose.
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall