Chennai sources stated that Actor and Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) chief Kamal Hassan on Wednesday said his party is ready to contest the upcoming by-polls in Tamilnadu. Meanwhile according to a report, the party has already appointed 80% of field workers in the 20 assembly seats that they plan on contesting.
Previously, the actor turned politician had said that his party is ready for the 2019 general elections. Furthermore when asked whether his party will contest in the forthcoming by-polls in the state, Kamal had replied, "We will teach a lesson to the government to tell them about their duties, but we are not in the mindset to contest it."
Recently on his 64th birthday, the actor addressed media persons and made known the party's plan of action. Accordingly these by-polls became necessary after the Madras High Court last month upheld the disqualification of 18 AIADMK MLAs. Hence two Assembly seats Thiruvarur and Thiruparankundram constituencies have fallen vacant after the demise of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) chief M Karunanidhi and All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader A K Bose.
Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it! Former Indian swashbuckling opening batsman Virender Sehwag has challenged that though Indian Skipper, run machine Virat Kohli has been making new records and breaking existing records, smashing most of the records of Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, he won't be able to overcome several records. Kolhi has been on a rampage as he has been breaking records one after the other with every match and he is literally unstoppable.
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?