In connection with the illegal telecom connection case, the Chennai high court has rejected the petition to dismiss the case, filed by the Maran brothers. During the previous government of Congress at the center, Dayanidhi Maran had been the telecom minister and during that time he had misused his power by having an illegal telecom exchange in his residence in boat club area.
This was used by him for his Brother Kalanidhi Maran's sun groups. CBI has said that this lead to a loss of more than 1 crore and 79 lakhs for the central government.
While the Maran brothers were released by Chennai High court, CBI had appealed against and again filed a case following which Maran brothers demanded rejection of case in another plea. The court dismissed the plea of Maran brothers asking CBI to file a separate new case.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?