As per report the deep depression over Southeast Bay of Bengal has intensified into a cyclone, keeping up with the forecast of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD). Accordingly the cyclone, named Gaja, is currently situated around 930 kms east of Chennai and is expected to bring heavy rains to the regions in coastal Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile when speaking to the reporters on Sunday at the Regional Meteorological Centre (RMC) office, Chennai, Balachandran, the director of RMC, said that the cyclone will make landfall on November 15 forenoon between Cuddalore and Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. Furthermore Balachandran also advised fishermen to not venture into the sea from Monday and further he also requested those who are in the deep sea for fishing to return to the shore by Monday.
Hence RMC also predicted mild showers across northern Tamilnadu and heavy rainfall in isolated places of north Tamilnadu from November 14 nights. Moreover on November 15, most areas in north Tamilnadu are likely to see mild showers and isolated places in northern Tamilnadu will experience heavy to very heavy rainfall. He said “The cyclone could intensify and when it makes a landfall, it is expected to be as strong as it is now”. When speaking about the status of rainfall received in the state from Northeast monsoon, he said that Tamilnadu has received 20 cms of rainfall from October 1 as against the normal rainfall of 26 cms during the period, which is 23% less than the normal rainfall.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?