Sources from Raipur stated that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday promised a corruption free administration, prohibition and a loan waiver for farmers if elected to power in Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile when releasing its manifesto in Raipur for the state polls, which the AAP is contesting for the first time, the Arvind Kejriwal led party announced a slew of measures for different sections of the society.
Furthermore the Delhi based party has fielded candidates in all the 90 assembly seats in the BJP ruled state. Hence the AAP manifesto comes on the eve of the first phase of polling Monday covering 18 assembly seats spread across over half a dozen Maoist affected districts. He said "The journey for a prosperous Chhattisgarh cannot be undertaken until corruption is eradicated”.
Moreover targeting the ruling BJP and the Opposition Congress Rai sought to know what the two national parties have done for the state, which has a large tribal population and besides, it promised to bring Chhattisgarh Jan Lokpal Bill, an anti-graft legislation covering the chief minister, ministers, MLAs and all government officers. Rai said "The AAP wants to make Chhattisgarh an alcohol free state and the liquor will be banned for people barring for some special communities”.
Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh Accordingly even as counting is still underway in the five states, the Congress has started sending overtures to form the government in Rajasthan and the party is leading in the state and its Rajasthan chief Sachin Pilot has said that he is in contact with "like-minded" people. Reportedly the party has taken a big lead in Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan, but is engaged in a close contest with the BJP in Madhya Pradesh.
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?