Islamabad sources reported that around 69% Pakistanis between the ages of 15 and 65 do not know what the internet is, an information communication technology (ICT) based survey has revealed. Meanwhile the survey was conducted by LirneAsia, a think tank based in Sri Lanka that carries out ICT research and the report is based on a survey of 2,000 households in Pakistan.
Accordingly LirneAsia claims that the sampling methodology was designed to ensure representation of 98% target population aged 15 to 65 at a national level. It was conducted between October-December 2017, this demand side survey helps understand how users use or do not use ICT services. LinreAsia CEO Helani Galpaya said in the report "The 152 million active cellular subscribers mentioned on Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) website, despite a good SIM registration system, tell nothing about the subscribers whether they are men and women, rich or poor and does not really help understand access and usage gaps".
Moreover some 17% claimed that they used it. Among non-users, the key reason for not using the internet was lack of awareness about it. Hence among internet users, the urban-rural gap in Pakistan was relatively small 13% in fact the lowest seen in the Asian survey countries.
Protests before Kerala CM residence! In connection with the Sabarimala verdict and the government decision to abide by it. Wide spread protests have been going on in Kerala, and yesterday, there were huge protests held outside the residence of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?
- Strange case of a damaging goat!