Chennai sources added that top Tamil actor Rajinikanth on Tuesday virtually threw his weight behind Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying he was 'stronger' than '10 people' aligning against him. Accordingly the superstar's remarks came amid speculation that opposition parties are looking at a mega coalition against the Modi government for the 2019 Lok Sabha polls.
He told reporters here when questioned on the possibility of an alliance by opposition parties "When 10 persons go against one person, who is stronger? Those 10 or the persons they are aligning against. If 10 persons declare a war against one man, who is stronger". Earlier on Monday, Rajinikanth when responding to a question whether the BJP was such a 'dangerous' party electorally, that warranted formation of a mega national alliance against it. When asked if Modi was "stronger" and whether he was implying it with his statement, the actor said he "can't be clearer."
Moreover Rajinikanth again insisted that when ten persons join hands against one man, apparently Modi, the latter is stronger. Further when asked whether he would align with the BJP, he said it will be decided later and the actor has already announced he will take the political plunge and contest from all 234 seats in the next Assembly elections, originally due in 2021. He is yet to launch his party.
Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK! Viduthalai Chiruthaigal party leader Thol Thirumavalavan has said that Pattali Makkal Katchi party won't be joining the DMK alliance and that there was no possibility of this alliance happening. There are efforts and activities happening in TN political scenario to form a union against the ruling AIADMK party, and even PMK party has been a part of these efforts against ADMK.
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik