While earlier this day the speed of Gaja storm was slower in the sea, by noon, it had its speed increased by almost three times and is had been moving at extreme pace. A low pressure zone had been formed in the south eastern Bay of Bengal and it had turned out into a storm, arriving towards Tamilnadu. This storm has been named Gajaa or Gaja.
As per the early morning update, the storm was at 840 kms distance north west of Nagapattinam, as per the national meteorological department. On November 15, the storm is expected to cross the shores, between Pamban and Cuddalore.
In such a scenario the storm which was moving at speed of 7 kms by morning 5:30, had increased speed all of a sudden to 12 kms by noon, moving towards south and southwestern directions. The storm is at 790 kms from Nagapattinam, and 690 kms from Chennai.
Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu According to sources the IMD stated the deep depression over south Bay of Bengal is likely to intensify into a cyclonic storm over the next 24 hours. Meanwhile the cyclonic storm is expected to move towards Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamilnadu coast over the next 72 hours and the regions could witness heavy to very heavy rainfall.
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019