According to sources Supreme Court has agreed to hear 49 review petitions against its September 28 verdict allowing women of all age’s entry into the Sabarimala temple. Meanwhile the SC announced January 22, 2019 as the date for an open court hearing, which is a hearing to which the public has a right to be admitted, on this issue. Furthermore it has also decided to hear fresh writ petitions on this issue in open court on the same day.
Further the petitions were heard by a five judge bench in a closed hearing in the chambers of Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi at 3 pm. Meanwhile the bench comprised of CJI Ranjan Gogoi, Justices Rohinton Nariman, AM Khanwilkar, DY Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra. The court in its order said "All the Review Petitions along with all pending applications will be heard in Open Court on 22nd January, 2019 before the appropriate Bench that there is no stay of the judgment and order of this Court dated 28th September, 2018 passed in Writ Petition (Civil) No.373 of 2006 (Indian Young Lawyers Association & Ors. vs. The State of Kerala & Ors.)”.
Moreover the petitions also claimed that the Court erred in its ruling that the ban on women entering the temple was based on the physiological nature of women. Devaswom Minister Kadakampally Surendran told reporters, "The government has made it clear that whatever the Supreme Court says, we will follow. We are not changing from that stand."
Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu According to sources the IMD stated the deep depression over south Bay of Bengal is likely to intensify into a cyclonic storm over the next 24 hours. Meanwhile the cyclonic storm is expected to move towards Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamilnadu coast over the next 72 hours and the regions could witness heavy to very heavy rainfall.
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019