Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
Reports added the ruling TRS fielded only two Muslims, Shakeel (Bodhan) and Inayat Ali Baqari (Bahadurpura) while the Congress declared the names of Mohammed Ali Shabbir (Kamareddy), Feroz Khan (Nampally), Mohd Gouse (Charminar) and Isa Misri (Chandrayanagutta) so far. Even though TPCC chief Uttam Kumar Reddy had earlier promised that it would allocate 14 constituencies for Muslim candidates, observers predict that the party has only three slots left in Hyderabad which are Karwan, Bahadurpura and Yakutpura.
Moreover the Telugu Desam announced the name of Muzaffar Ali Khan for Malakpet constituency and hence it seems that only Kamareddy and Bodhan are the constituencies which are outside Hyderabad and where Muslim candidates of major political parties will not be confronting each other in electoral battle. Furthermore in the united Andhra Pradesh Assembly, the number of Muslim MLAs elected in 2009 was 11 and that has been the maximum so far.
#GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision Former Indian cricketer and opening batsman Gautam Gambhir, who had also captained Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Daredevil sin IPL has now joined Bharatiya Janata Party. With the elections nearing, both BJP and Congress are keen on roping in star candidates and recently former cricketer Jadeja's wife had joined BJP, and now Gambhir has joined.
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- The big contest at Vizianagaram!
- KCR keeps TRS busy!
- List of TRS Candidates for Parliament
- Modi Ignores LK Advani Yet Again
- Mangalagiri.. Not easy for Lokesh
- Jet Airways Pilots urged PM to instruct Management for settling pending salaries
- List of BJP Candidates for Parliament
- Kamal Hassan's MNM Party will not indulge in horse trading in LS Polls
- Balayya achieved fame for his Violent Eccentricities than Social Work