Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
Reports added the ruling TRS fielded only two Muslims, Shakeel (Bodhan) and Inayat Ali Baqari (Bahadurpura) while the Congress declared the names of Mohammed Ali Shabbir (Kamareddy), Feroz Khan (Nampally), Mohd Gouse (Charminar) and Isa Misri (Chandrayanagutta) so far. Even though TPCC chief Uttam Kumar Reddy had earlier promised that it would allocate 14 constituencies for Muslim candidates, observers predict that the party has only three slots left in Hyderabad which are Karwan, Bahadurpura and Yakutpura.
Moreover the Telugu Desam announced the name of Muzaffar Ali Khan for Malakpet constituency and hence it seems that only Kamareddy and Bodhan are the constituencies which are outside Hyderabad and where Muslim candidates of major political parties will not be confronting each other in electoral battle. Furthermore in the united Andhra Pradesh Assembly, the number of Muslim MLAs elected in 2009 was 11 and that has been the maximum so far.
Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds! It has been said that Piety cyclone which has been stationed near Chennai will cross the sea, near Andhra Pradesh today noon. It has been expected that there will be heavy winds, at the speed of 50-60 kilometers per hour. A pressure area formed in the Bay of Bengal has turned out into a cyclone, and this was named as Piety.
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai