The TN Govt has been swiftly acting in taking all the necessary actions and measures to face cyclone Gaja. Ever since the low pressure area formed in the Bay of Bengal near Andaman had transformed into a cyclone and a very powerful one that, the TN govt started making all the necessary actions to face the storm and has been taking all precautionary measures.
An immediate meeting was conducted by Chief Secretary Girija Vaidyanathan, and orders were immediately passed to different departments to head and send teams to the six districts that were expected to face the impacts of Gaja.
As the meteorological department had announced the crossing of the storm today, people belonging to these 6 endangered spots were swiftly moved to relief camps, and 95 camps were active in Thiruvarur, Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Ramanathapuram, Thanjavur., with 12398 people from almost 3246 families made to stay. People were sent home from beaches, and the traffic was kept under control, and govt also released an animation video on measures to safeguard people from the storm.
People against Jayalalitha's memorial! The general public has been strongly opposing the move to convert former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha's residence at Poes garden as her memorial. Current Tamil Nadu chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy had earlier announced that the residence of former CM Jayalalitha at Veda Nilayam in Poes garden will be converted into her memorial.
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath
- Vijay Fans assaulted Members of AIADMK